- Yahoo directory for medical records privacy.
- National Coalition for Patient Rights.
- November 6, 1998, Beth Given's Ten Privacy Principals for Health Care.
- July 2 1998, US DHHS, White Paper on Unique Health Identifier for Individuals.
- September 11, 1997, Secretary Donna Shalala, Testimony on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- 1997, Center for Disease Control Legislative Survey of State Confidentiality Laws, with Specific Emphasis on HIV and Immunization.
- 1995-1996 debate on S 1360
- The U.S. Senate is considering Senate Bill 1360, which would pre-empt most state law on medicial records confidentialty.
- The Consumer Project on Technology November 14, 1995 Comments on S. 1360 to the Senate Committee on Labor and Human Resources. The comments are critical of S. 1360, and include seven areas for improvements in the legislation.
- This statement was an elaboration of comments in an early, November 2, 1995 letter, which stated our opposition to S. 1360.
- When S. 1360 was introduced on October 24, 1995, its sponors made a number of statements in the Congressional Record.
- Massachusetts ACLU's analysis of S. 1360. This group opposes S. 1360.
- These are the November 28, 1995 comments of Sidney M. Wolfe, M.D., Director, and Lauren Dame, Staff Attorney, for Public Citizen's Health Research Group, in opposition to S. 1360.
- The Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) was a supporter of S. 1360. This was one of the CDT statements on the bill., and an earlier testimony in support.
- The EPIC web page on medical records privacy.
- EFF Web page on Medical Privacy, as well as a related topic, Telemedicine.
- An Internet discussion list for this issue is available on email@example.com. Subscribe to med-privacy by sending a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the message: subscribe med-privacy yourfistname yourlastname
- List of Contacts Working on Medical Privacy Issues.
- Archives of the discussions from email@example.com.
Return to CPT Home Page, CPT Page on Privacy.
Corrections or Comments to James Love
This page has been accessed times since January 25, 1999