Some Current Privacy Disputes
- Children's Privacy
- The Child Online Protection Act (COPA)
- The Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
- KidsPrivacy.org: A Parent's Guide to Online Privacy.
- US/ EU Settlement on Safe Harbor
- June 9, 2000. U.S. Department of Commerce Draft Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
- The TransAtlantic Consumer Dialogue's Statements on Safe Harbor
- March 30, 2000. TACD Statement on U.S. Department of Commerce Draft International Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and FAQs.
- TACD Resolution On Safe Harbor Negotiations.
- TACD Comments on the US Department of Commerce "Safe Harbor" Proposal.
- TACD Safe Harbor Proposal and International Convention on Privacy Protection.
- The Clinton Administration's "Critical Infrastructure Protection" project.
- Intel's new CPU id
- Junkbusters, Intel and the Processor Serial Number Rationale · Boycott FAQ Our assessment of the risks and benefits of the PSN
- January 25, 1999, Ted Bridis, Associated Press, Intel Agrees To Change Its Chips.
- EPIC's Bill Tracting: privacy, speech and cyber-liberties legislation.
- ACLU page on privacy, with information on medical records, genetic privacy and other topics.
- Council for Responsible Genetics Position Statement on Genetic Privacy.
- Center for Media Education page on Online Advertising Targeting Children.
- PIRG's page on Consumer Privacy.
- Richard Swetenham's QuickLinks is a very good source of information on current issues involving electronic commerce and privacy.
CPT Resources on Privacy
- CPT Page on Medical Records Privacy
- There are a number of privacy related issues in the CPT page on Electonic Commerce.
- CPT's July 26, 1995 letter on Problems with Microsoft Windows 95, by Ralph Nader and James Love
Other Groups Working on Privacy Issues
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse and its excellent links to privacy resources.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC).
- Privacy International
- National Coalition for Patient Rights.
A few Industry perspectives