Free Trade Agreement with the Andean Countries
U.S. Negotiating Separately with Ecuador
U.S. Concludes Separate Free Trade Deal with Colombia
On February 27, 2006. the US and Coloombia reached a deal on a bilateral Free Trade Agreement.
Negotiations with Ecuador continue.
U.S. Concludes Separate Free Trade Deal with Peru
On December 7, 2005, the US and Peru reached a deal on a bilateral Free Trade Agreement.
Negotiations with Ecuador and Colombia will continue in the beginning of 2006.
- United States
- December 1, 2005. Dow Jones Newswire.
Peru Wants More Flexibility From US In Trade Talks.
- November 30, 2005. Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest.
Ag, IP Hobble Andean-US Free Trade Talks.
- November 22, 2005. Xinhuanet.
Colombia, Ecuador: more talks needed for FTA with US.
- September 28, 2005. Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest.
Disagreement Over Data Protection Holding Up Andean-US FTA.
- September 27, 2005. Encarna Nu ez Diaz for World Markets Analysis.
U.S./Andean FTA Talks Face Setback, as Colombian Medicines Team Resigns.
- September 19, 2005. Kim Housego for the Associated Press.
U.S. and Three South American Nations Begin Talks
- September 14, 2005. Bridges Weekly Trade News Digest.
Andean Negotiators Call for Flexibility on AG, IPRs In FTA Talks With US.
- July 14, 2005. Reuters.
Thousands of Peruvians protest U.S. trade pact.
- March 21, 2005. William New for IP-Watch.
U.S., Andean Negotiators Dodge Toughest IP Issues For Now.
- March 9, 2005. Juan Forero for the New York Times.
Free Trade Proposal Splits Bolivian City.
- December 2, 2004. Rebecca Howard for Dow Jones Newswires.
Peru Says US-Andean FTA Talks Need More Time - Report.
- September 16, 2004. La Republica.
Resignation of Peruvian IP Negotiator [hired by Pfizer] Reveals Fragility of FTA
- September 16, 2004. El Tiempo.
Abismo cada vez mayor sobre propiedad intelectual y la tormenta Jeanne
azotaron negociacion del TLC.
- August 20, 2004. Inside US Trade.
US, Colombians Reach Agreement on Andean FTA Advisor.
- May 17, 2004. El Tiempo.
Colombia defined 307 points to negotiate in the Free Trade Agreement with
- May 14, 2004. Monica Vargas for Reuters.
US Free Trade Pact Puts Cheap Drugs at Risk-Lobby.
- November 18, 2003. Doug Palmer and Kristin Roberts for Reuters.
US, other Latin American nations to talk on trade pacts.
- November 18, 2003. Traci Carl for the Associated Press.
U.S. seeks free trade pacts with four Latin American countries.
- November 18, 2003. Jim Teeple for the Voice of America.
US Unveils New Initiatives at Western Hemispheric Trade Talks.