Conflicts of Interest in Biomedical Research
- June 23, 2004. Ted Agres for the Scientist.
NIH needs 'drastic changes'.
- June 23, 2004. Rick Weiss for the Washington Post.
NIH Scientists Broke Rules, Panel Says.
- May 7, 2004. Rick Weiss for the Washington Post.
NIH Panel Backs Tighter Limits on Outside Income -
Conflict-of-Interest Rules Drafted.
- May 6, 2004. Merril Goozner.
New Conflict-of-Interest Rules Could Jeopardize NIH Mission.
- August 14, 2003. Susan Mayor for the Scientist.
Conflict over competing interests: Nature journals review policy after criticism
of author for nondisclosure of financial interests.
- 2002, June 13. Washington Post.
New England Journal Relaxes Conflict Rules.
- 2002, February 6. Sheryl Gay Stolberg for the New York Times.
Study Says Clinical Guides Often Hide Ties of Doctors.
- 2002, February 5. Jacqueline Stenson for Reuters.
Most Doctors Who Set Guidelines Have Industry Ties.
- 2001, December 18. Frances Silliams for the Financial Times.
World Health Organization accuses drugs groups of interference.
- 2001, September 10. Thomas Burton for the Wall Street Journal.
Medical Journals Set Rules to Curb Drug Firms' Sway Over Research.
- 2001, August 13. Tom Abate for he San Francisco Chronicle.
Scientists' 'publish or perish' credonow 'patent and profit:'
'Recombinant U.' phenomenon alters academic culture.
- 2001, August 5. Susan Okie for the Washington Post.
A Stand for Scientific Independence:
Medical Journals Aim to Curtail Drug Companies' Influence
- 2001, July 2. Editorial in the Baltimore Sun.
Medical research: Academic institutions face huge conflicts of interest
as they pursue business ties.
- 2001, June. Karen Birmingham for Nature Magazine, Volume 7 Number 6 p 643.
Dark clouds over Toronto psychiatry research.
- 2001, June. Series by Douglas M. Birch and Gary Cohn in the
- 2001, June 19, 2001. Mark Clayton for he Christian Science
Corporate cash & campus labs.
- 2001, May 28, Karen Young Kreeger and Paula Park in The Scientist.
When Corporations Pay for Research.
- 2001, May 26, James Meek for the Guardian.
Science world in revolt at power of the journal owners.
- 2001. March 22, Sahm Aderangi in the Yale Daily News.
With patent policy, a balance to strike.
- March 2001. Ibrahim Warde for Le Monde.
For Sale: US Academic Integrity.
- 2000, December 28, Sarah Boseley in the Guardian Unlimited.
Alarm as drug company chief joins watchdog.
- 2000, September-October, Pharm Policy archives, taken from The NIH Catalyst,
Where To Draw The Bottom Line: Financial Conflict of Interest in Clinical Research
- 2000, 25 September, Dennis Cauchon in USAToday,
FDA advisers tied to industry.
- 2000, August 5, Robert O'Harrow Jr., in the Washington Post,
Academic Research Under the Microscope
- 2000, June 1, Susan Okie, in the Washington Post,
Medical Reporting on Drugs is Faulted
- 2000, May 19, The New England Journal of Medicine (abstract),
A Comparison of Nefazodone, the Cognitive Behavioral-Analysis System of
Psychotherapy, and Their Combination for the Treatment of Chronic
- 2000, May 18, The New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 342, No. 20, Editorial,
Is Academic Medicine for Sale?
- 1999, September, Jon Cohen, in Science,
AIDS THERAPY: Ambitious Clinical Trial Stirs Debate
- 1999, June 3, NIH, Karen Santoro, Esq., NIH Ethics Counsel, presented at Interfacing with the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Community:
What Scientists Need to Know,
Technology Transfer and Conflicts of Interest
- 1999, May 17, Kurt Eichenwald and Gina Kolata, in the New York Times,
A Doctor's Drug Studies Turn Into Fraud
- 1999, May 16, The New York Times,
Cost-Cutting Forges New Drug-Testing Industry
- 1999, May 16, Kurt Eichenwald and Gina Kolata, in the New York Times,
Drug Trials Hide Conflicts for Doctors
- 1999, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Mark Friedberg,
Bernard Saffron, Wendy Nelson, Tammy J. Stinson, and Charles L. Bennet,
Conflict of Interest in Pharmaceutical-Sponsored Cost-Effectiveness Studies in Hematology/Oncology.
- 16 April 1998,
letter to President Clinton regarding possible conflict of interest
regarding EPO invention.
- 1997, September, Craig Sterritt, in Treatment News,
IL-2 for HIV: The Long March Toward FDA Approval
- NIH Regulatory Burden,
III. Financial Conflict of Interest - Workgroup Report Background
- NIH, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute,
Guidelines for Avoiding Conflicts of Interest in Multicenter Clinical Trials
Corrections or suggestions to Mike Palmedo
| CPT home page |
CPT Intellectual Property page |
CPT Health Care page |