Health Care and Intellectual Property: Compulsory Licensing
Examples of recent health-related compulsory licenses and disputes.
- Examples of national legislation to allow
TRIPS-compliant exports of health products produced under compulsory license.
CPTech Page on WTO Negotiations over Paragraph 6
of the Doha Declaration on TRIPS and Public Health.
- December 12, 2006. James Love.
Letter asking USTR to not interfere with the Thai government decision to issue
a government-use license on patents covering the AIDS drug efavirenz.
- November 29, 2005. James Love.
Not True that Public Health Emergencies Necessary for Compulsory Licensing of Patents.
- February 3, 2003. South Africa - Competition Commission Complaint Against
GlaxoSmithKline and Boehringer Ingelheim
- September 29, 2001, James Love and Michael Palmedo,
Examples of Compulsory Licensing of Intellectual Property in the United
- September 26, 2001, James Love,
Checklist for Fast Track Compulsory Licensing.
- August 21, 2001, James Love
Implementing TRIPS safeguards with particular
attention to administrative models for compulsory licensing of patents, presented at WHO meeting in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- January 21, 2001.
Access To Medicine And Compliance with the WTO TRIPS Accord: Models For State
Practice In Developing Countries, report for UNDP Human Development Report.
- CPTech page on the Cipro patent dispute.
Background Documents on Legal Framework for Compulsory Licensing