- November 24, 2003. Memo from the Uganda Coalition for Access to Essential
Medicines and the Consumer Project on Technology.
Legal Mechanisms for Expanding Access to Generic Medicines in Uganda.
- November 24, 2003.
Letter from the Uganda Coalition for Access to Essential Medicines
to the Minister of Health.
- June 14, 2004. Charles Wendo for the New Vision.
Uganda launches Free Access to ARVs Programme.
- October 27, 2003. UN Integrated Regional Information Networks.
Government Commits to Buying Generic Anti-Retrovirals.
- September 16, 2003. Plus News.
Uganda's Drug price cuts yet to reach PWAs.
- July 11, 2003. Uganda Coalition for Access to Essential Medicines press
release. Access Coalition Asks President
Bush: 'Do You Want to Save Lives or Make Profits for American Pharmaceutical
- June 12, 2003. Gichinga Ndirangu from Health Action International.
Note on controversy surrounding the NMS and discounted drugs.
- May 31, 2003. Charles Wendo for The Lancet.
Uganda's state-owned drug firm pressured to drop drug deal.
- May 19, 2003. Edith Kimuli for the Kampala New Vision.
House Cautioned On Drug Regulation.
- May 19, 2003. Geresom Musamali for the New Vision.
NMS stops AIDS drug deal.
- May 17, 2003. Badru D. Mulumba for the Kampala Monitor.
3 Firms to Supply Cheap Aids Drugs.
Dispute involving Generic Duovir (AZT+3TC)
Dispute Involving Uganda at the WTO's 5th Ministerial, Cancun, September 2003
- Homepage of the Uganda AIDS
Commission, which was established in 1992 to oversee the country's AIDS
Programs. Its stated goals are to
- Reduce HIV prevalence by 25% by the year 2005/6
- Mitigate the health and socio-economic effects of HIV/AIDS at individual,
household and community level
- Strengthen the national capacity to respond to the epidemic
- Undated report published jointly by WHO, UNAIDS, UNESCO, UNICEF, the World Bank
and UNFPA. Uganda Reverses the
Tide of AIDS. This document is a chapter of a full report titled
Health: A Key to Prosperity
- Success stories in Developing Countries.
- February 13, 2003. UN Integrated Regional Information Networks.
Leading User of Anti Retrovirals.
- April 2, 2002. Ugandan Ministry of Health.
HIV AIDS Surveillance Report.
- March 23, 2002. Charles Wendo for The Lancet Volume 359, Number 9311.
Health-rights organisation wants Uganda's intellectual property law delayed.
- February 8, 2002. New Vision.
HIV/Aids Tests Prices Slashed Again From Sh64,000 to Sh3,400.
- January 22, 2002. Kikonyogo Ngatya for New Vision.
HIV/Aids Test Fee to Drop in February.
- December 6, 2001. AIDS Healthcare Foundation press release.
The Ministry of Health/Government of Uganda, the Ugandan Business Coalition on
HIV/AIDS (UBC), and AIDS Healthcare Foundation Global Immunity (AHF GI) Join
Forces in "Uganda Cares," a new AIDS Treatment Initiative.
- December 8, 2000. Afrol.com document based on Economic Commission for Africa.
President Museveni explains Uganda's success in combating AIDS.
- December 1, 2000. UNAIDS press release.
Uganda Successful Example of Strong Response to AIDS, UNAIDS Says.
- June, 2000. UNAIDS Report on the global HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- News Stories