|CPT's Page on E-commerce Consumer Protection|
The FTC and the Electronic Retailing Association will host a Seminar on Internet Marketing on Tuesday, January 30, 2001.
- E-sign Legislation.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- The Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act --UCITA.
- March 19-20, 1999. CPT comments to European Union forum on Information Society,
proposal for World Consumer Protection Organization.
- The Trans Atlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD)'s Feb. 10-12, 2000
recommendations on Electronic Commerce.
- May 2000. Australian government's "Building Consumer Sovereignty in E-Commerce: A Best Practice Model for Business".
- December 9, 1999.
OECD Guidelines on Consumer Protection in the
Context of Electronic Commerce. Here is the
FTC press release on the guidelines.
Model Law on Electronic Commerce
- May 22, 2000. ISO Committee on consumer policy (COPOLCO) workshop on
Consumer protection in the global marketplace: Using standards as a safeguard.
APEC and Electronic Commerce.
- July 20-22, 2000.
APEC E-Commerce Steering Group Meeting,
Workshop on Consumer Protection, Bangkok, Thailand.
- In the
APEC Blueprint for Action, it states:
4. While recognising that some degree of government regulation may be
necessary, technology-neutral, competitive market-based
solutions which can be safeguarded by competition
policy, and effective industry self-regulation, should be favoured.