Participant Dinner at 8:00pm on Thursday, October 19 2006
Casablanca Restaurant, 40 Brattle Street, Cambridge MA 02138
Walking Directions from Harvard Square Hotel:
1. Walk out the back door of the hotel and walk into Harvard Square
2. Cross the street and pass Harvard Coop
3. You will see Brattle St., walk down till you get to number 40 (Casablanca Restaurant)
ODF Workshop Date: Friday, October 20th 2006
Venue: Pound Hall, Room 335, 1563 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138
Registration, coffee and pastries, and Welcome 8.15am to 8.55am
Roundtable 1: What is ODF, and why are open document standards important?
9.00am to 11.00am
- How do open standards effect competition and innovation?
- Is ODF the best standard?
- Archiving and interoperability with ODF
- How does / will ODF address concerns of disabled persons?
Break 11:00am to 11:30am
Roundtable 2: How are software developers responding to ODF? 11.30am to 12.45pm
Lunch 12.45pm to 1.30pm
Roundtable 3: Should governments (or non-governmental consumers) use procurement
policy to promote ODF? 1.30pm to 2.45pm
Break 2:45pm to 3:05pm
Roundtable 4: Is there a role for national or global agreements to promote ODF?
3.05pm to 4.35pm
Levels of government to consider will include:
- Associations of state or local governments
- The European Union
- WIPO, UNESCO, IGF, etc.
Break 4:35pm to 4:45pm
Roundtable 5: Reflections and next steps 4.45pm to 5.45pm